This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission at no cost to you. You can view my affiliate disclosure here.
Learn how to make raw butter. It is super easy; you just need a blender and some raw cream!
If you are making the switch to raw dairy, it can be difficult to source raw butter. Our local raw dairy farm only sells it every once and awhile. This is why it is handy to know how to make it yourself.
Butter is a great source of vitamins A,D, K, and calcium. This is what the body needs to absorb calcium properly for teeth and bone health. It is also a healthy, natural fat that the body converts into energy. Hence, why eating butter does not make you fat. If you want to learn more about the health benefits of raw butter, check out this article.
How to Make Raw Butter
- raw cream (you will want at least a couple pints)
- Pour your raw cream into the blender
- Turn on your blender (I use the puree setting) and let it run for a few minutes. You want to wait until you see something yellow and more solid in the bottom. The blender will start to seem like it is slowing down.
- Once you have butter in the bottom of your blender, turn it off and open the lid.
- Using a spatula, push all of the butter against the side of the blender to help remove the liquid.
- Gently and quickly rinse off your butter in the sink. This will help it last longer.
- Make sure to remove all of the solid butter from the blender and store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- The leftover liquid is buttermilk and you can use it for baked goods, pancakes, and smoothies.